RE: Effect of anchor bolts sleeve

The contractor has shown a 7/8" diameter anchor bolt with a 6-inch embedment
(per UBC anchor bolt table) and using a 2-inch diameter standard steel pipe
sleeve by 4" long, to be filled with grout after the equipment base plate is
set.  Thus the sleeve would be within 2-inches of the bolt bearing.

I have generally used a rule of thumb that the sleeve should not be longer
than 1/2 the embedment depth.  I have seen a project-specific criteria that
limits the sleeve to no closer than 4 bolt diameters from the bolt bearing
surface.  But I have not seen any industry standards which address this, and
the contractor wants justification that their detail is inadequate.