Go Direct for your Code Questions at seismo-all(--nospam--at)seaint.org

I don't know about the rest of you, but it seems that we are trying to draw conclusions for our confusion as to the wording and lack of resources for the '97 UBC. It would seem more reasonable to go directly to those who worded or closely worked on the code - the Seismology Committee. We have been promised responses to our issues and even offered a Web based channel to feed our questions for expedient responses form the Seismology members.

We are now five months into the code and have few reliable resources and a great deal of ambiguity in the code. I propose that as you continue to discuss the issues on this list you add SEISMO-ALL(--nospam--at)SEAINT.ORG to the cc of your post and distribute your questions to the Seismology committee directly.

It's time to put a them under a little pressure to help us design buildings safely.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
(208) 361-5447 Efax