Re: engineering software

For those who use and like RAMSteel (and RAMFrame), RAM International has a
new program.  It is called RAM Advanse.  It is actually not new.  The
program lived in previous incarnations as Avansse and AVwin98.  Now it is
part of RAM's product line.  It is suppossedly intergrated with RAM Steel,
so that you can "export" frames created from the RAM Modeler in RAM Steel
to this general analysis program.  According to their literature, it will
do steel code check, cold-formed steel checks and R/C design.  We are
currently think about trying it out (6 month MBG).

If you want more info, check out their web site.   www.ramanalysis.com

Scott

At 08:08 AM 11/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>For steel design software, I like to use RAM STEEL and STAAD both.  I like
RAMSTEEL for the gravity design and STAAD for the lateral analysis.
RAMSTEEL is fun and easy to use and I have found very few problems in its
results.  I find STAAD is more economical to use for lateral analysis than
RAMFRAME since STAAD has many more applications.