RE: ASTM C-913 vs. ACI 350

I concur with James Lutz that structures designed per ASTM C913 do not
include durability factors per ACI 350, and in my opinion cannot be
considered "equal" to a structure designed per ACI 350.  However, it should
be noted that the proposed new ACI 350 code is currently planned to exclude
"precast environmental structures designed and constructed in accordance
with ASTM or AWWA" from its requirements, except for circular tanks.  I
assume this is to avoid direct conflict with such standards - however, the
engineer should be clear as to what standards are to be followed when
specifying precast structures.  I'm not sure why ASTM does not include
provisions as recommended by ACI 350.