Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Shear Wall Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Shear Wall Design
- From: BDWOLF123(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:08:12 EST
I am a first year civil engineering graduate and I have a few general questions about shear walls. 1. It is my general understanding that using dead load to resist overturning also increases the shear in plf on the wall, or else an element within the wall will not be in equilibrium. I have spoken to quite a few structural engineers about the topic and some believe in it and others don't. Maybe someone out there could provide some insight. Thanks, Andrew Arnold Arnold Engineering
- Prev by Subject: Re: Re: Shafat: Auto replies?
- Next by Subject: RE: Shear Wall Design
- Previous by thread: RE: 97 UBC 1633.2.4 Deformation compatibility - is that a typo?
- Next by thread: RE: Shear Wall Design