Re: sheqr wall design

Using dead loads to resist uplift between the ends of a plywood shear wall,
by
analysis, creates a higher shear than that of the standard of care for
calculations.
 I have never seen the use of the increase of shear to balance the static
model.

Many, like Dennis Wish, recognize the issue and do not use the dead load
resistance that occurs between the ends of the wall.

 I recall one arguement that panel tests demonstrate that as the wall
deflects the
1/2" to capacity, the increase of shear from a complete static analysis is
not influential.
I do not know details of any such test. Does anyone?

David B. Merrick, SE
MERRICKGROUP(--nospam--at)COMPUSERVE.COM