Re: dynamic condensation

>Are there any references to "dynamic condensation"?
The classic one is a short note by Guyan in vol 3 n3 of the AIAA Journal.
A more comprehensive paper is 'Consistent Mass Matrix for Distributed
Mass Systems,' by John Archer in the August 1963 ASCE Proceedings Journal
of the Structural Division. And there's an SAE paper by Mark Nelson, 'The
Use of Condensation Techniques for Solving Dynamics Problems.' I don't
have a complete reference for the SAE paper, but I expect you can do a
title or author search at a library or maybe the SAE web site.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw