Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: California SE exam

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
That is currently the case (SE without PE) in Washington as the result of what
many consider an error by a legislative committee looking to streamlining
bureaucracy.  The SEAW is working to change this; it has not been the case for
long, and likely won't be the case for too much longer.  As to the California
PE, it is my understanding that in your case (Nicole) the requirement would be 2
years of experience.  Several people I know have taken their exams "early" in
California, since the comparable number would be 3 years here in Washington.

Paul Crocker

"Khosrownia, Ghassem SPK" wrote:

> Which states do license you as an SE without their PE?
> Ghassem
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Yousefi, Ben [mailto:Ben.Yousefi(--nospam--at)]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 1:23 PM
> To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)'
> Subject: RE: California SE exam
> First step is to get CA PE. Unlike some other states, Without PE you are not
> even eligible to take the SE.
>         -----Original Message-----
>         From:   Nicole Stoudt [SMTP:NSTOUDT(--nospam--at)MBAKERCORP.COM]
>         Sent:   Wednesday, November 17, 1999 1:08 PM
>         To:     seaint(--nospam--at)
>         Subject:        California SE exam
>         Fast question-
>         I was confused by the eligibility requirements for the SE exam on
> the CA website.  How many years experience do you need to take the exam in
> California if you have a BS, MEng, and EIT?  I am from out of state.
>         Thanks!