Re: Shear Wall Design/Billy Bob

Well it seems as though my response to Bill received a better response than
my initial question.  Thankyou Rudolph Ruana as well as those who replied
seriously to my inquiry.  I was about to appologize for my perhaps hasty
response to Bill, but after reading his response....... well we'll leave it
at that since this is a public forum and I should have conducted myself
professionally as a few have eluded to.

Now, back to the purpose of this list server.

I had already taken into consideration most of what advice was offered, now
the question still remains about the allowable stress design portion in the
code (Sec. 1612.3).  Does anybody know if I may take my computed lateral
force at the diaphragm level in question (the force obtained from the
vertical distribution of my base shear) and divide it by 1.4 as the load
combination in 1612.3.1 implies (Eq. 12-9), in order to specify the nailing
schedules for my wood diaphragm?

Andrew Arnold, EIT
Arnold Engineering