Re: Fall Protection System - Loading

There is a company in western Canada that manufactureres shock absorbers
for horizontal safety lines, similar to those used in shock absorbing
lanyards.  They did some full scale testing a few years ago, and have a
nice package of information depicting the test results.  They
substantiate the predicted force levels when a shock absorber is not
used, and have very nice, reasonable, reactions when their shock
absorber is used.  Unfortunately, I loaned my copy of the material to a
client and never got it back.  I'll try to locate the name of the
company in my files and pass it along.

Benjamin R. Baer, PE, SE