Exam US intention

Dear Engineers,

I was wondering, how is the intetnion of the US CALIF. exam you are talking about......which is the difference between somebody with or without that exam done ?

In my country , Chile, you can work "fully" after "one week"you are graduated...for instance in my experience...my first job was the structural analisys and desing of the new Metro  in Santiago....and no other requierements were demanded to me...

In my view, apply a system of control in Chile could be important...Now we are in the process of studyng  to include a peer review or Authoriry reviweng in order to improve the current "poor Chilean control system....."...

Notwithstanding the above, the idea of a Exam sounds quite interesting also.

Regards,

Pablo Arrieta R.
Civil Structural Engineer P.U.C. / RFA Ingenieros
Bustos 2057 - Providencia
Casilla 2895
Santiago - Chile
Phone         :  56-2-2050570 /Fax :  56-2-2256969
e-mail          :  parrieta(--nospam--at)rfa.cl
Web Site    :  http://www.rfa.cl  ( Visit us !)