Exam US intention

Pablo,

It is my observation that the intent of engineering registration exams in
all states is to determine if the person has a minimum amount of knowledge
*and* experience in his/her field so that the health, safety and welfare of
the public will not be jeopardized.

While a person just out of school may have knowledge, that person generally
lacks the experience (at least here in the States) to recognize whether a
design contains dangerous elements. The 2, 3, or 4 years of experience under
the supervision of a registrant is, IMO, vitally important.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Pablo Arrieta R. wrote:

>>Dear Engineers,

I was wondering, how is the intetnion of the US CALIF. exam you are talking
about......which is the difference between somebody with or without that exam
done ?

In my country , Chile, you can work "fully" after "one week"you are
graduated...for instance in my experience...my first job was the structural
analisys and desing of the new Metro  in Santiago....and no other
requierements were demanded to me...

In my view, apply a system of control in Chile could be important...Now we are
in the process of studyng  to include a peer review or Authoriry reviweng in
order to improve the current "poor Chilean control system....."...

Notwithstanding the above, the idea of a Exam sounds quite interesting also.

Regards,

Pablo Arrieta R.
Civil Structural Engineer P.U.C. / RFA Ingenieros
Bustos 2057 - Providencia
Casilla 2895
Santiago - Chile<<