Re: Exam US intention

>It is my observation that the intent of engineering registration exams in
>all states is to determine if the person has a minimum amount of knowledge
>*and* experience in his/her field so that the health, safety and welfare of
>the public will not be jeopardized.
For the sake of a quibble, I think the intent is to establish a
threshhold of training and experience for which a practicing engineer can
reasonably be held responsible for applying certain principles. Rather
than saying, 'You passed the test--you're a real engineer,' it says, 'You
passed the test, you'll be accountable for ignoring your limits.'

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw