RE: AISC Floor plate bending capacity table

Title: RE: AISC Floor plate bending capacity table

>Seems like I had a question for AISC regarding this table.  Something
>about the assumed grade of steel or allowable bending stress.  Isn't it
>based on something like 16ksi allowable bending?
>Michael D. Ritter

Yes. As indicated in my article Are You Properly Specifying Materials? Part 2 -- Plate Products (http://www.modernsteel.com/home.asp?iid=60&aid=188) floor plate is most often specified as "commercial grade". To account for this common practice, our floor plate bending table uses a very low bending stress. In the end, deflection will probably control most applications anyway.

Charlie