	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Christopher Wright [SMTP:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
	Sent:	Thursday, November 18, 1999 7:30 AM
	To:	seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
	Subject:	Re: Exam US intention

	>It is my observation that the intent of engineering registration
exams in
	>all states is to determine if the person has a minimum amount of
knowledge
	>*and* experience in his/her field so that the health, safety and
welfare of
	>the public will not be jeopardized.
	For the sake of a quibble, I think the intent is to establish a
	threshhold of training and experience for which a practicing
engineer can
	reasonably be held responsible for applying certain principles.
Rather
	than saying, 'You passed the test--you're a real engineer,' it says,
'You
	passed the test, you'll be accountable for ignoring your limits.'

	http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw