RE: Exam US intention

Actually, I've always thought it was a way for those of us who are already
there to control who else joins the club, and for the states to engender
revenue.

Note the wildly varying rates of "pass/fail" from year to year; also the way
some states (my own being a very good example) have decided to open the
floodgates from time to time to let in all who desire passage.

Since Texas tacks on a $200 "bonus" for revenues into the general fund each
time you relicense, that has become a lucrative racket.