Galv Nails in P.T. Sole Plates

A thread  "Fasteners amp Pressure Treated Wood" (querry posted by
SHiner in June/99), has become of keen interest to me in recent weeks
and I would be very appreciative if list members could resolve the
matter.

As previously posted:

"1997 UBC  Section 2304.3, paragraph 3, states that "fasteners for
pressure-preservative treated and fire-retardant treated wood shall be of
hot-dipped zinc coated galvanized, stainless steel, silicon bronze or copper...

This section would appear to require hot-dipped galvanized (HDG) nails for
shear wall sheathing to the pressure treated sill, HDG nails at stud to
pressure treated sill connections (e.g. toe nails, end nails, framing clips,
etc.), and HDG sill bolts at the pressure treated sill plate.

I am interested in anyone's experience with this section, either from a
design, plan review, or a code interpretation standpoint (i.e. what do you
think?).  Thank you."