Re: Civil in AZ

Having lived in Arizona for 25 years, I would have to say probably not.  When I got my AZ PE, I took the Structural exam because that is what I did.  But my firm did a lot of bridge work for ADOT and several of our Senior engineers wanted to get there Civil PE as well.  They were told that they would need to take the exam and also could not use any of the 8 years of experience that they used for the Structural Exam.  The really crazy thing was, at that time, the first day of the Structural exam was the exact same as the the Civil exam.  So in effect, they had already passed the exam.  I've heard that things have changed somewhat so this may be incorrect, but my guess is that you will not be able to get a Civil PE in AZ.  Give the State Board of Technical Regestration a call.

--Kipp A. Martin P. E.