Re: RE: Allowable Stress

I do not think that the allowable bending stress of rectangular plates in
bending about their strong axis is explicitly addressed in the AISC code.
Roy Becker presented a solution to this in his SE exam review course.  The
procedure, if I am not mistaken, is to look at the plate in strong axis
bending as a compression element, calculate the allowable F sub a, and
treat the allowable F sub a as the allowable bending stress, F sub b.