galvanized products

Since people have been recently discussing using galvanized products with treated lumber, I thought I would point out that the most recent Simpson catalogue warns against mixing the two. I called them recently to ask why, and was told that ammonia left over in the lumber (from the treating process) is caustic to zinc. They said that there are several processes available for pressure treating that don't use ammonia as a solvent, but most of them use solvents which are also caustic to zinc. They said, however, that if the wood is kiln dried AFTER the pressure treatment is applied, that the solvent should be mostly baked out of the wood and there should not be a problem. Just something else to think about, chemical interactions of the things you specify. Now I need a chemistry degree, too?