RE: California SE exam

In California, You need 3 years of experience after passing the Civil P.E.
exam and 3 references from Licensed SE's to take the exam. Note, the exam is
developed by the state and is different and more difficult than the
Structural I and II exams developed by the NCEES (So I am told). You may
want to check into the need for passing the Surveying and Seismic exams of
the CA PE exam to be eligible if you are a PE in another state. If you have
further questions go to PPI2PASS.com and post a question titled "Question
for Kevin W/ CA Board" and he will promptly respond.

Good Luck.

Gerard Madden, P.E.
Civil Engineer, Associate
CRJ Associates, Inc.