Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: California SE exam

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
In California, You need 3 years of experience after passing the Civil P.E.
exam and 3 references from Licensed SE's to take the exam. Note, the exam is
developed by the state and is different and more difficult than the
Structural I and II exams developed by the NCEES (So I am told). You may
want to check into the need for passing the Surveying and Seismic exams of
the CA PE exam to be eligible if you are a PE in another state. If you have
further questions go to and post a question titled "Question
for Kevin W/ CA Board" and he will promptly respond.

Good Luck.

Gerard Madden, P.E.
Civil Engineer, Associate
CRJ Associates, Inc.
email: gerardm(--nospam--at)
tel: 650.324.0691
fax: 650.324.0927

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Nicole Stoudt [SMTP:NSTOUDT(--nospam--at)MBAKERCORP.COM]
> Sent:	Wednesday, November 17, 1999 1:08 PM
> To:	seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject:	California SE exam
> Fast question-
> I was confused by the eligibility requirements for the SE exam on the CA
> website.  How many years experience do you need to take the exam in
> California if you have a BS, MEng, and EIT?  I am from out of state.
> Thanks!