Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: strong axis bending[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: strong axis bending
- From: RajSTC(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:42:46 EST
Thank you, Roger, Yes, rectangular section bending about strong axis do not have much strength. However, I am looking at a computer generated result of a problem, wherein I am tempted to perform a manual check. It deals with a gusset plate design in a lug supporting a vessel, where the short segment of the gusset will behave as a beam-column. Thus after manual computation of actual bending and axial stresses at the critical section, I had to perform the checks per equation in Chapter "H'" of AISC manual. And, that is where I got stymied. Incidentally, I don't have Galambos's book, but do you knoe if the formula you have referred is in the classic book by Salmon & Johnson? Raj.
- Prev by Subject: RE: strong axis bending
- Next by Subject: Re: strong axis bending
- Previous by thread: RE: strong axis bending
- Next by thread: RE: strong axis bending