Re: SEAOC seismology opinion regarding 10/Lw factor for calculating rho

sasquake wrote:
If SEAOC cannot command enough respect (after 71 San Fernando, 79 Imperial Valley, 87 Whitter, 89 Loma Prieta, 90 Uplannd, 92 Yucca Valley (Landers), 92 Cape Mendocino, 94 Northridge) to insure that there is a Structural Engineer sitting on the state's Building Standards Commission in the most frequently seismically active state in the lower 48, we have a lot more problems than just rho!   I recommend someone like Charles Greenlaw, who has both the experience of the process, and a command of the concepts that give meaning to a design code.

The problem is not limited to an SE, the architect, contractor, local fire official and disabled member seats are all still vacant due to inaction by the Governor.  100% of the existing members (an ME, labor rep, building official and 3 public) must attend a meeting or there is not a quorum.  As a result at least two meetings have been canceled.  The problem is not just this commission, many boards and agencies are without members or leaders as a result of the Governor's inaction.