School design

If you want to here screwing school related design, then how about
this...in Michigan, public schools are only required to be deisgn per an
NFPA code.  There is no "offical" structural code for the design of public
schools.  For example, while the city of Detroit has adopted the BOCA code
as its code (with some modifications), the public schools in Detroit are
not required to be designed structural per BOCA (or any code).  Of course,
one would hope that a person designing a school building would use a
minimum level of design that would be at the level of a model code, but it
is not required by law to my knowledge.  SEAMi has plans to attempt to
lobby to have this changed.

Scott