Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Oregon Draft Permanent Rule for Structural Engineering[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Oregon Draft Permanent Rule for Structural Engineering
- From: sasquake <sasquake(--nospam--at)uswest.net>
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:59:24 -0800
- Delivered-to: fixup-seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org@fixme
Draft Permanent Rule for Structural Engineering and related background may be checked out at http://www.osbeels.org
Click on "What's New"
(e) "Structural Engineering" means that branch of professional
engineering that provides analysis, design, evaluation or review
of structures or their elements, parts or systems for support of
external forces such as gravity, lateral loading, temperature,
seismic influence, etc.
(A) Structural engineering services for significant structures, as
referred to in ORS 672.002 to 672.325, shall mean structural
engineering for the primary structural frame or load resisting
system and its elements or parts. The primary frame shall be
that portion of the structure which provides the overall stability of
the structure. Elements, components, or parts of the structure
which are not part of the primary frame do not require the
services of a professional structural engineer.
(B) A "Structural Engineer" is a registered professional
engineer who has passed a structural engineering examination
recognized by the Board.
Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM
/ The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Shear Itself" / "We're All Subducting In This Together"
- Prev by Subject: Opinions on Algor software
- Next by Subject: Re: OSSPAC Resolution to Recommend Seismic Zone 4 for Entire Oregon Coast: Part 2
- Previous by thread: Inclined diaphagms
- Next by thread: LOOKING FOR HOUSENER SELECTED PAPERS, HELP !