Re: SEAOC seismology opinion regarding 10/Lw factor for calculatingrho

I cannot believe all this bureaucratic double-talk I have been reading on
this board lately!!!!!!. It appears that a mistake has been made with the
intent of the code. To wait an additional several years until the harm can be
undone is totally foolish  and unnecessary! What I want to find out from the
members of the Seismology Committee for once and for all (if they will
respond) has the intent of the code as it applies to wood structures been
misinterpreted in the code?  Has a mistake been made?  Do changes need to be
made? If the code as it was adopted needs to be modified, or certain sections
removed, than lets get it done now!!!!!!!   <snip>

Andrew

Could someone take a stab at posting the "unintentional and unfortunate problem" language; so we could see online what exactly people would agree to needs to be either deleted or modified?  I know we need specific language that would be proposed to replace what's already there.

James Bela

Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM        /        The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Shear Itself"        /        "We're All Subducting In This Together"

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org