Re: SEAOC seismology opinion regarding 10/Lw factor for calculatingrho

SEConsultant wrote:

. The question in my
mind is who should have created this code - the members who practice wood
design and understand the performance of the materials or a committee of
individuals who, for the most part, have little or no experience in wood
design.

Dennis

Dennis,

   In a search of the seaint website committees, I could find no reference to any SEAOC committees on wood.  Is this true?  Has anything been organized to follow the Caltech-CUREe Woodframe project and other testing programs to incorporate that knowledge into the Bluebook?

James Bela

Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM        /        The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Shear Itself"        /        "We're All Subducting In This Together"