Re: SEAOC seismology opinion ...

Michael Valley wrote:

> Griping is the first step; it is evidence of reasonable CARE.
> However, to avoid negligence, reasonable ACTION is also required.

This is exactly the point.  Now that SEAOC has made it clear that its Seismology
Committee erred in the development of the Rho factor, it must act promptly to
mitigate the damage this action will cause others.  If it does not, the it should
be held liable for the costs incurred by others in complying with what it has
admitted are unnecessary code provisions.  That is why I suggested that SEAOC
should propose an emergency code change to ICBO.  To wait 4-1/2 years for the
problem to solve itself is negligence.

Bob Bossi