Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
TI-809-04 Spectral Ordinates.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: TI-809-04 Spectral Ordinates.
- From: kassam <kassamem(--nospam--at)aramco.com.sa>
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:57:00 +0300
The question by Nicole Stoudt was adequately answered by M Valley. For Saudi Arabia cities, I found that TI-809-04 is erroneous. For some of the cities, UBC Zone classification in previous TI was incorrect. TI -809-04 has mathematically converted the old seismic zone coefficient (0.1, 0.15, 0.2 etc) into Spectral Ordinates. Per TI-809-04, for all previous Zone 1, irrespective of location, Ss is 0.31 and S1 is 0.14. The actual outdated Aa and Av for DC may be smaller. FEMA Maps reflect the actual Spectral Ordinates. The seismic specialist responsible for TI is Wright, Thomas D NWK at Thomas.D.Wright(--nospam--at)nwk02.usace.army.mil . He has responded to my inquiries and also copied to Bruce.H.McCracken(--nospam--at)nwd01.usace.army.mil. He should be able to provide more clarifications Eqbal Kassam
- Prev by Subject: RE: Threaded Stainless Steel Rod
- Next by Subject: Ties and continuity
- Previous by thread: USGS Professional Papers on the Loma Prieta Earthquake
- Next by thread: Opinions about Algor software