Re: Opinions about Algor software

>I have heard about a structural engineering software, Algor CIV/E.
>Has anyone tried it? What dou you think about?
Algor recently posted an announcement on a couple of the engr newsgroups
that drew several outraged replies from some ex-users, with no one
springing to their defense. It's gotten mixed reviews. One thing--you can
analyze frame and plate structures with ALGOR, but it isn't going to do
the kind of design work (not design really but iterative analysis) that
special purpose packages do and its not going to address UBC or design
code issues that SE/CE's have to deal with.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw