RE: 1/3 stress increase for 5 psf interior wind load

I think you could take this either way.  I have always thought of this
load as something caused by slamming doors, items being leaned against
the wall, people accidentally bumping things into the wall, and just
general wall stability.  It could also be due to wind loads if the
circumstances were right to allow wind into the building.

Now to your main question -- I do consider most of these loads to be of
short duration.  I believe you could probably use the 1/3 increase and
be okay.  (However, I would not use the 1/3 increase in this case unless
I was in a jam).

Michael Ritter, PE