From: Dan Vines [mailto:dan(--nospam--at)willettengineering.com]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 2:15 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 1/3 stress increase for 5 psf interior wind load

Thanks for all the replies so far.

I agree that this load is probably not intended to be from wind, per se.
However, slamming doors and people leaning against walls would constitute
short term loads that I could easily rationalize a stress increase.

jam.  Like I said in my original post, we had indicated stud sizes on our
structural drawings.  When the light gage sub submitted shop drawings, he
had increased the gage sizes everywhere which would have resulted in a
substantial change order.

I want the structure to be adequate, but I don't feel like eating crow on my
design right now. (I'm still too full on turkey.)

Dan