re: welded moment connections

thanks for the response,
I specifically want to know about the design practice you adopt ie.
for how much force you will design your connection so that its remains
elastic and able to transfer the beam plastic moment to the column.
Obviously i am talking about Strong Column -Weak Beam case.
Let us say a connection with a rib plate and cover plate. How much
force you will take in design of coverplate and rib plate.
will you prefer beam flange also welded to column flange?