Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Beach Sand[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: Beach Sand
- From: Charles Espenlaub <Cespenlaub(--nospam--at)martinaia.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:07:07 -0500
Using beach sand as fine aggregate is definitely not recommended, as it has a very high salt (chloride) content. Maybe if it were properly washed it could be used. However, by the time you pay for this, it is probably just as costly to use fine aggregate from the local batch plant. Charles F. Espenlaub, III, P.E. Martin-Espenlaub Engineering -----Original Message----- From: Alex Nacionales [mailto:alexcnac(--nospam--at)skyinet.net] Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 4:17 PM To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org Subject: Beach Sand I have a low cost housing (single story) project near a beach. Can dry beach sand be used as fine aggregate. I would appreciate comments from those of you who have experience on the subject. Thanks in advance. Alex C. Nacionales, C.E.
- Prev by Subject: Beach Sand
- Next by Subject: Re: Beach Sand
- Previous by thread: Beach Sand
- Next by thread: Re: Beach Sand