Re: SEA Membership Inquiry

Hi Neil,

As you may know, SEAONC has retained a public affairs firm called ARTEMIA. The web site committee has been charged with totally rewriting the web site along with input from ARTEMIA. I received a proposed web site map YESTERDAY. I have only been updating the Newsletters and Jobs sections thinking I might get this at any time; why rewrite if I have to re-rewrite?

Now that I have this site map, the committee will meet and start producing the new web site.

So again, stay tuned! I know I said that before, but there is just too much to do. We (more honestly "I") are also constructing a web site for the SEAOC 2000 Convention in Vancouver. By the way, I am a full time Project Engineer with SIX structural engineering projects going on at the same time!!!

>>> Neil Moore <nmoore(--nospam--at)innercite.com> 12/01/99 10:07AM >>>
Constantine:

When is the SEAONC roster, etc. going to be brought up to date?  Some areas
haven't been updated for over a year.

Neil Moore

At 09:27 AM 12/01/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Call the SEAONC Office at (415)974-5147, ask for Grace Lee. They will help
you (if you are from Northern California) or point you in the right
direction (if you are from somewhere else).

>Constantine

>As part of my compensation I get membership to a professional
organization.  ASCE is so broad, I find a small percentage of the content
pertains to the structural work we do.  I am considering dropping ASCE and
joining SEA, or a local chapter, whichever is appropriate.  I know very
little about the organization and its structure.  I'm not sure if I'm even
eligible for membership as an EIT.

>I'd appreciate advice on this decision, plus any information on how I can
actually find out more about the organization and membership.

>I have tried to inquire about membership through the SEA Int'l site.  The
email was returned, user unknown.  After some redirection through the
Structural Engineers Association of Southern California, maintainers of the
site, I tried to email the NCSEA, which also posts a dead end email address
on its site.  So if anyone interested in gaining more new members is
reading this, here is an opportunity to improve...