RE: office live load

Thanks Charles and William:

Pretty much what I thought. In my case it would take tremendous effort to
get the building official to reconsider. I already got a very firm "no" and
a thorough explanation. Four 20' long beams need to be deepened 2", and
28-20' joists need to be sistered. this represents strengthening about 20%
of the floor area. In the long run a completely flexible floor plan may be
beneficial, but it's safe to say the client will not be able to afford to
move for some time.

Regards,
Jeff Smith