Energy Absorbing Foundation For Manufactured Housing

I got a call from a homeowner today that has a dilemma that I don't have an
answer to. He is wanting to replace his old, decrepit, drafty,
dry-rot-infested stick frame house (loose use of the word) with a new
manufactured home. The problem is that he is within 1000 feet of an old
quarry. The county is requiring that the manufactured home have an energy
absorbing perimeter foundation that will absorb noise and concussion energy
and transmit it to the foundation, then into the ground. They want it
designed by an engineer with "supporting data". The kicker to this story is
that the quarry has been closed for years and is now being slowly filled in
with rubble.

Have any of you ever encountered a problem like this before, and if so, how
was it resolved?

Thanks,

Ken Reed, PE