Computation of story strength

Hello everyone!

Can anyone suggest me a way to compute the STORY STRENGTH of any story of a building with the following lateral force resisting systems:

1.  Special Moment Resisting Frames

2.  Shear Walls

3.  Frame-Shearwall systems

I want to use these computed values in order to come up with ratios of story strength of adjacent stories.  I require these ratios for checking the limits of vertical irregularities as specified in the UBC-Chapter 16.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sat

Get the Latest News at CNN Interactive: http://CNN.com