Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Live Load Distribution Factors[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Live Load Distribution Factors
- From: "Pat Bachman" <BachmanPM(--nospam--at)c-b.com>
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 17:34:38 -0600
- Cc: "Scott Wallace" <WallaceSL.AustinPO.AustinGW(--nospam--at)c-b.com>
Greetings from the dry southwest! I am presently designing a bridge for some unusual live loads as follows: ~ 80-ft wide bridge to carry two 160-ton coal haulers (Caterpillar 777D). ~ about 12-ft width between wheels. ~ two axles spaced at 15-ft. ~ 105-ft simple span ~ closely spaced prestressed concrete girders with composite slab. AASHTO LRFD has distribution factors based on span length, beam stiffness, slab thickness, and beam spacing, but these are developed for typical highway truck loading. Does anyone out there know a reference for distribution of live loads to the beams? Thanks, Patrick Bachman, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: listserve removal
- Next by Subject: Re: Live Load Distribution Factors
- Previous by thread: LPILE P3
- Next by thread: Re: Live Load Distribution Factors