From: Pat Bachman <BachmanPM(--nospam--at)c-b.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Cc: Scott Wallace <WallaceSL.AustinPO.AustinGW(--nospam--at)c-b.com>
Date: Monday, December 06, 1999 6:34 PM
Subject: Live Load Distribution Factors

Greetings from the dry southwest! I am presently designing a bridge for some
unusual live loads as follows:

~ 80-ft wide bridge to carry two 160-ton coal haulers (Caterpillar 777D).
~ about 12-ft width between wheels.
~  two axles spaced at 15-ft.
~ 105-ft simple span
~ closely spaced prestressed concrete girders with composite slab.

AASHTO LRFD has distribution factors based on span length, beam stiffness,
slab thickness, and beam spacing, but these are developed for typical
highway truck loading.

Does anyone out there know a reference for distribution of live loads to the
beams? Thanks, Patrick Bachman, P.E.