Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Moon Stuff[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Moon Stuff
- From: "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:07:05 -0800
I'm going to stick my neck out!
Interestingly enough I used to "predict" earthquakes to myself when I lived in Japan. I observed that a significant (3 to 4 local scale, i.e. one that could be easily felt, and swayed our 14 storey apartment to the extent that we could not walk across the room) earthquake would occur within a couple of days of
1) Sudden change in weather such as drop (rise?) in temperature (10 Deg +/- Centig) and
2) Coincidence with a full moon.
3) The bigger ones usually after midnight, around 2 in the morning, although I remember a lot around dinner time.
So I have a definite bias toward gravitational and environmental conditions having an effect. Not scientific, but I was never taken by surprise once I accepted these observations. It's no wonder the animals etc "know". They are more attuned to natural conditions than we are.
If you surmised right then millennium apocalypse acolytes are going to have field day! Or we may just be in for a rocky ride :-)
Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
- Prev by Subject: Re: Moon Stuff
- Next by Subject: Re: Moon Stuff
- Previous by thread: Re: Moon Stuff
- Next by thread: Re: Moon Stuff