Re:Moon Stuff

I can see now that there are so many engineers,  who like myself,  have
thought about  the possible effect of the gravitational efect of the
moon on earthquake activity. I think this is a topic that should be
investigated in depth. The russians have measured earth (crustal) tidals
due to the moon motion. There is also this theory that the moon is a
piece of earth loosen in the early times of the solar system genesis and
then, we still are feeling the post effects of this spectacular event.

About one year ago I tried to find a link between earthquakes (> 4.5
Msb, data from http://wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov/neis/) and the  moon position
(data from http://www.lunaroutreach.org/phases/ ) but failed to do it,
maybe because the moon has certain motions that only with specialized
equations could be detected.

This particular day (December 22nd) will be very interesting to observe
for something to happen.

Wladimir Bassett A.

wbassett(--nospam--at)tmx.com.ni