RE: Block shear

I believe the best textbook explanation of block shear can be found in Salmon &
Johnson's 4th edition.  McCormac's 2nd LRFD edition is pretty complete also.
There is discussion and development of the LRFD equations for block shear in
both.  Note that block shear is another area that differs between the ASD and
LRFD Manual.  The LRFD Manual incorporates the latest research that will never
be incorporated in an ASD Manual.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo

Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com> on 12/08/99 08:33:47 AM