R value for log walls

I am in the process of developing a MathCAD template for
determining seismic loads per UBC.

However, I need to determine a realistic "R" value to assign to log
walls acting as both shear and load bearing walls. Obviously, a wall
constructed of logs stacked 1 above the other has a higher density
than a light framed shear panel, but is not as dense as a concrete
or masonry log wall.

Does anyone have any suggestion, is there a calculation method to
determine it based on the material density???

Any help will be appreciated

Peter McCormack