From: vicpeng [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 11:31 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Need some help with Light Gauge Built-up beams

Dennis.

If you have any head room above the "beam" you might try a built up "deep beam" using the LGSF as chords and plywood, or other sheathing (metal?), for the shear web?  Depending on assembly restrictions screws and/or welding are feasible connection options.

Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
Victoria BC
Canada