December 4, 1999 SEAOC Seismology Meeting?????

We are patiently waiting to hear what events transpired at the December 4th Seismology meeting - specifically to wood framing. I have some knowledge but will not share it (except among a small select few who have been actively vocal on the issue) until a formal synopsis is offered by either Martin Johnson or another representative of the committee (possibly Ron Hamburger). There are many unsubstantiated rumors - some very strong floating around, but the List members are waiting for a response.

The Coachella Valley chapter of ICBO held a 97 UBC seminar her on Monday and Tuesday. I did not attend as I had taken the seminar last year. However, I did speak with one participant to informed me that it was announced the ICBO would be exempting Residential buildings from the next IBC.

Can someone who attended please provide the list members with a summary of the issues presented and decisions made?

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
(208) 361-5447 Efax