Re: December 4, 1999 SEAOC Seismology Meeting????? Unsubstantiated Rho-Mers

SEConsultant wrote:

 <snip>The Coachella Valley chapter of ICBO held a 97 UBC seminar her on Monday and Tuesday. I did not attend as I had taken the seminar last year. However, I did speak with one participant to informed me that it was announced the ICBO would be exempting Residential buildings from the next IBC.
Exempting Residential Buildings from the next IBC, or exempting them from certain design requirements?  So will "engineering" requirements end up in the IRC?  Are there audio tapes availabe of these Seismology Committee meetings?

James Bela

Regards,Dennis S. Wish, PESEConsultant(--nospam--at)Earthlink.net(208) 361-5447 Efax