Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 3:20 PM
Subject: RE: Question regarding GLB

Janelle:

When we run into this situation, we shore the beam, pressure inject epoxy
into the break and bolt a channel to each side.  It doesn't look too pretty,
but it seems to work okay.

If reinforcing it doesn't work because of architectural concerns, you might
have to replace it.

Joseph M. Otto, P.E.
Ireland Engineering
Fremont, CA