ASD vs. LRFD

Benjamin Baer wrote:

>>About six months ago there was a very extensive discussion running on
the listserver addressing ASD vs. LRFD.  The thread included more than
120 messages by at least 40 different people.  Surprisingly, none of the
people involved have registered for the NCSEA LRFD program yet.

How can I help persuade you to atttend?<<

Change the topic to, "Upcoming changes in the ASD Code."

See I. M. Viest's letter in ENR a number of months ago acknowledging that
LRFD was a great mistake that is being compounded by not admitting that it is
a mistake.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona