Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: [was] ASD vs. LRFD; [is now] Ivan Viest and his ENR letter to the editor[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: [was] ASD vs. LRFD; [is now] Ivan Viest and his ENR letter to the editor
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 08:49:44 -0600
Title: RE: [was] ASD vs. LRFD; [is now] Ivan Viest and his ENR letter to the editor
With all due respect, Roger, I think Ivan's letter to the editor was editted to the point that his intended message was lost. That's unfortunate because it only fuels the fire. I know Ivan well enough to know that he is a staunch advocate of LRFD, particularly since the composite systems to which he has devoted his life are strength-design (LRFD) animals.
From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 8:10 AM
Subject: ASD vs. LRFD
Benjamin Baer wrote:
>>About six months ago there was a very extensive discussion running on
the listserver addressing ASD vs. LRFD. The thread included more than
120 messages by at least 40 different people. Surprisingly, none of the
people involved have registered for the NCSEA LRFD program yet.
How can I help persuade you to atttend?<<
Change the topic to, "Upcoming changes in the ASD Code."
See I. M. Viest's letter in ENR a number of months ago acknowledging that
LRFD was a great mistake that is being compounded by not admitting that it is
A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
* Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org ********
- Prev by Subject: Re: [Shafat] Re: HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE
- Next by Subject: RE: [was] UBC 97 Diaphargm Nailing [is now galvanizing methods]
- Previous by thread: Blue book
- Next by thread: Who's using ASD or LRFD?